The largest motion picture exhibitor in the United States, the company's theatre circuit, comprising Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres, and Edwards Theatres, operates 6,792 screens in 550 theatres in 39 states and the District of Columbia as of January 1, 2010.
- Regal operates theatres in 44 of the top 50 U.S. designated market areas
- One of the most modern circuits among major motion picture exhibitors, as of January 1, 2009 approximately 78% of our screens were located in theatres featuring stadium seating, and approximately 85% of our screens were located in theatres with 10 or more screens
- Regal Entertainment Group operates multi-screen theatres with an average of 12.3 screens per location, which is well above the North American motion picture exhibition industry 2007 average of 6.5 screens per location
- The size, reach and quality of the Company's theatre circuit not only provide its patrons with a convenient and enjoyable movie-going experience, but is also an exceptional platform to realize economies of scale in theatre operations and, through its investment in National CineMedia, LLC, further realize cinema advertising, marketing and other revenue enhancing opportunities by utilizing Regal's existing asset base
- A modern theatre portfolio couples with our operating margins will allow us to generate significant cash flows from operations
- Our theatre circuit will be further enhanced with the installation of digital projection systems
- In October, 2009, Regal opened L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 featuring the Regal Premiere House, L.A.’s largest all-stadium premiere location with seats for 774 guests and a massive 70-foot wide screen.
- Regal L.A. LIVE: A Barco Innovation Center was upgraded in 2016 to become the most technologically advanced movie theater with laser projection in every auditorium including a 4DX theater and Barco Escape theater.