Volksbank Arena Hamburg, Germany
- The Volksbank Arena in Hamburg's Volkspark includes an indoor hockey rink and an arena for ball sports. Financing the construction were the Alexander Otto sports foundation. The Volksbank Arena opened on November 1, 2008 and is run by the Arena Volkspark joint operating company. The Anschutz Entertainment Group is in charge of the operational business. The arena's ice rink is the only one in Hamburg that is open from August to May.
- In the true sense of the word an architectural highlight is the arena's membrane on the outer façade. It glows blue and white in the dark, turning the Volksbank Arena into northern Germany's biggest light artwork at night.
- Two restaurants are located in the Volksbank Arena. The "Sportsbar" can host up to 54 guests and the "Icebar" down at the rink has room for up to 52 guests.
- The Hamburg Freezers hockey team, owned by the Anschutz Entertainment Group, and the HSV Handball team not only have their practice facilities in the building. The Volksbank Arena is also home to each team's weight room, trainer's room, and sauna as well as their front offices and fan store.
- The indoor hockey rink is the perfect place for a variety of sports such as hockey, public ice-skating, figure skating, and curling. Light, sound and artificial snow effects even turn the rink into a state of the art ice-disco. Skates can be rented in the building.
- The ball sports arena is not only a practice field for the HSV handball team, youth handball squads, basketball, and indoor soccer teams. Since the floor can be covered, it is also the ideal venue for banquets, company events, and smaller live acts.
- The Volksbank Arena is open for professional and public organized sports clubs as well as for schools, private use, banquets or company events. Of course both arenas can be booked together, making your event an unforgettable one.
Please visit volksbank-arena.net (opens in a new window) for more information.