The Mann Center for the Performing Arts was founded in 1935 under the name Robin Hood Dell Concerts, as the summer venue for the concert presentations of the world famous Philadelphia Orchestra (known from 1935-1976 as The Robin Hood Dell Orchestra in the summer). The Center moved into its present outdoor facility in 1976, and subsequently was designated the Mann Music Center in honor of Frederic R. Mann, a Philadelphia businessman who supported the cause of summer musical performances in Fairmount Park. In 1998, the facility was renamed to "The Mann Center for the Performing Arts" to reflect the Center's plans to broaden its programming and service to the overall community. The city-owned facility consists of covered seating for nearly 5,000, outdoor seating for another 4,500 and a 4,000-person capacity lawn, open for general admission. The Mann has always focused on bringing world-class artists and touring companies to the community.
Please visit manncenter.org (opens in a new window) for more information.